Wednesday, January 2, 2008

my active lifestyle

THINGS...

...i have done today.

---but before I say anything else, a million happy birthdays to brittany lorraine.---

1) Minded Tadhg, took him on a walk in the bitter bitter cold to see the ducks near our house.

3) Said goodbye to my own sweet and horribly bad dog, who I have no garuntee of ever seeing again.

2) Took the Christmas tree out to the front garden. In the process, I tipped over the base and spilled water everywhere. I was forced to respond with "f--- you" to Abby when she gleefully ran to the middle of the circle of pine needles in our living room and yelled "I am protected in the center of the circle!"

3) I had to swear again when I knocked over the rack of cds while hoovering. I hoovered the house and got up (almost all of) the dog hair and pine needles.

4) I finished Ezra Pound's early poems. These (poems) are funny things in general-- I can read thirty that I don't like or don't understand but then I read one that is crafted so that it says exactly what it means, it describes exactly right an experience. Then all is forgiven, all of poetry's past transgressions. I am a believer again.

5) I licked a whole cluster of grapes so Giz wouldn't eat it and I would get all of it.

6) I was demonstrating my stag leap to my sisters and mother (after my mother had also demonstrated hers from her cheerleading days) and I ripped my favourite jeans all along the crotch. What I sacrifice for my active lifestyle.

7) I witnessed my mother making the following statement (in mockery of me and my sisters) "I come from a homeschool community and they're all getting married so they can kiss."

8) I ate the best dinner ever-- the aforementioned mother's chicken pot pie.

9) I watched the Namesake with Abs and Giz and it made me very sad.

Now, I am sleepy.

Good night.

2 comments:

Abby said...

The imagined visual of you splitting your jeans up the crotch made me laugh. It sounds like you're having fun across the pond...

Unknown said...

1) For/ some reason your mean streak only makes me laugh.
2) It took me a few seconds to realize what hoovering must mean.
3) Your mom's mocking also made me laugh. (I don't think my mom has EVER or would ever make fun of me... which is actually rather disappointing, hehe)
4) Have you heard my ripped jeans story? Playing trainwreck on chapter retreat sophomore year. Ripped the back, seven inches! I was quite proud of myself. I had bunches of people from my sophomore year sign them. I am impressed that you ripped not the back but the crotch. I feel like that's the most impressive place to rip them if you're going to rip them. :-P